Explore the World!!! Life is worth LIVING!!!

Don't get discouraged. Smile. Laugh. Scream. Love. Run. Move. Sing. Cry. Be Fearless. Be Wise. Jump. Leap. Hop. Skip. Do It All.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 2-4 of P90X/TurboFire LET'S GO!!!

Good Saturday MORNING!!!

Okay, ok! I apologize for not writing for the last 2 days! Today is Day 4 for me and the workout is P90X's YOGA X. I love this workout!

Yoga is essential to any workout! Yoga has a deeper meaning then just stretching in weird ways. It hold a spiritual significance to those who practice it. The deep breathing, the deep stretching releases tension while training the mind to focus. The thoughts that are chaotic in the mind are silenced and allows the one practicing the art to finally be one with the deepest parts of him. All that is internal work, that is necessary to any goal, in fitness or life.

But on the OUTSIDE LOL, yoga teaches you to use your own weight and strength to sculpt the body into what it is meant to look like naturally. I have had amazing results with all different "types" of yoga. But don't get caught up with all the "different name" people place on this method of exercise. Yoga is stretching... keep it simple. Try it once in your life. If you have a moment with God... enjoy it and have fun! It might happen.



So, now onto reviewing Day 2 and Day 3. Day 2 was interesting. I was suppose to do TurboFire 45 EZ but that didn't happen. And that is ok because I'm still going to do it. BUT! It wasn't that I didn't go anything at all that day. One of my best friends, Shanise, decided that she wanted to try boxing. Now, I'm never oppose to anything physical, so when she asked I of course said, "Let's GO!" Once I got there, I thought, "Oh boy... maybe this wasn't such a good idea right now." As for Day 3, I was traveling to Boston to visit a friend for her birthday. So Day 2 and 3 are going to be added onto workout for this coming week even though something special is happening starting this Monday. I refuse to be in pain... but if pain is what it takes to get what one wants... so be it. We all have an inner strength we can tap into that will help propel us forward.

So on Day2, we went to Trinity Boxing Club. Owner, Martin Snow (Tara Banks' personal trainer), did an awesome job with this place. It is equipped with 2 boxing rinks, punching bags all over the place, and guys who are ready to TRAIN you. I was SO FREAKIN' EXCITED that the guys didn't go soft on me. THEY KICKED MY ASS! HARD!!!

It was a lot of fun doing the trial class but next week, starting Monday, is HELL WEEK. A Green Beret, Eddy, apparently is a little crazy and I decided I wanted to be friends with him. =^D So we will see how I feel before and after. Pray for me!

So, today I will go Yoga X and let you know how I do.

If you live in the NYC area, check out StralaYoga. Yoga instructor Tara Stiles is amazing. Her instructors as just as awesome and they will defiantly give you a workout.

Until tomorrow, Hugs & Smiles

Sheena



No comments:

Post a Comment